Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday Reflection: Burning hearts

What does it feel like to have a burning heart?

To be consumed with love
when the voice of God speaks?

I think it happened to me this morning,
several times
as various words from scripture
filled my eyes with tears
and a longing for your presence...

Let the light of your face shine on us, O Lord...

You gave me room when I was in distress...

The Lord has set apart the faithful for himself...
the Lord hears when I call...

I will both lie down and sleep in peace;
for you alone, O Lord,
make me lie down in safety.  (Psalm 4)

Lord Jesus, open the Scriptures to us: 
make our hearts burn with love when you speak. (Gospel Acclamation)

Peace be with you... (Luke chapter 24)

And the second verse of  "Sing of One who walks beside us"

"Strangers we have walked beside him
the long journey of this day
and have told him of the darkness
that has swept our hope away.
He has offered words of comfort
words of energy and light,
and our hearts have blazed within us
as he saved us from the night.

I'm not sure why all these words hit me as they did,
but I am grateful
that you still speak to us today
of light, love and peace
in a world that so needs them.

Thank you, O God.

+Amen

No comments: