Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden

I'm in heaven (or maybe a corner of the garden of paradise) these days as I watch things grow. It's such a beautiful time of year, and I find it hard to sit and moodle at the computer when there's so much moodling to be done outdoors. Things change daily, overnight with the little bit of rain that fell last night. Today is cool and rainy, but before the rain clouds got serious this afternoon, I took my camera for a little walk to document a bit of what's going on in our yard.


Belgian poppies and bachelor buttons go well together...


Anton the dog is pleased to have pansies... 
and an unidentified plant that will eventually reveal its identity...


I like this colour combination with my 'Silver Fir' heirloom tomato...


The day lilies and lupines are almost finished... next up, lilies!


The veggie patch is looking pretty good overall...


The volunteer lettuce makes me laugh... 
I've given salad to two neighbours thanks to it...


The yarrow tucked a little posie into my garden clogs...


and the sweetness of the wet garden can be tasted 
in the strawberries I had for breakfast!

Happy Summer, everyone!

No comments: