Monday, August 22, 2016

Rediscovering the Balloon Guy

I first met Glen when our kids were in kindergarten together. His sister, Judith, became a good friend of mine (her son was also in the same class), and we all ended up at different gatherings together, where I learned that Glen had a particular talent with balloons. He was the guy our kids crowded to see because he could make all sorts of interesting animals, hats, and weapons (I remember that bows and arrows were quite popular) with long stringy latex tubes.

My kids switched into French Immersion a few years later, and we didn't see Glen as often, so I lost track of his balloon business. I can't remember the last time we saw him, so I was delighted when his sister forwarded the link below. He's a personable guy, lots of fun, and I can't get over some of his creations. See for yourself!

No comments: