Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Garden days

It was too hot last week to spend a lot of time out in our gardens, but we had a nice rain on Sunday, and things have cooled down. So today and tomorrow I'll be tackling weeds, turning compost, and finding the rock garden rocks that have sunk into the soil. Lots to do. Wonder if I can convince my teenager to help me? Could be tricky as she has a slew of new library books to read.

Anyway, here are a few pics:


Here's the funky sea holly that didn't do anything last summer,
but is making up for it now. Maybe it prefers dry weather?


Gaillardia, zinnias, delphiniums 
and our birdbath hanging in the Russian Olive tree.


The yellow lilies are so showy!


And the orange ones are holding their own, too.


There are smatterings of colour all over the front yard,
at least until the lilies finish.


Sweet peas are my absolute favourite.


In the vegetable garden, things are taking off, too.
Here are Landon and Christina's 2000-year-old squash. 
Still no idea what the fruit will be like.


And the three sisters (beans, corn and squash) 
are starting to overflow their box, too.


The garden is at its lushest, weeds included. 
I've got my work cut out for me!
Enjoy summer while it lasts!

No comments: