Friday, September 19, 2014

Four years later...

Displaying IMG_0081.JPGI'm still here, moodling away, although lately, there hasn't been a lot of time to write between working almost full-time and dealing with produce the rest of the time. But today marks the fourth anniversary of this blog, and it's time for my annual update...

To date, I've published 851 moodlings -- including 212 Simple Suggestions. I've received 495 comments from real human beings (but most of my comments have been odd spammy ones like the computer generated goofiness that arrived yesterday, saying, "Thank you for the good account. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you. My website... Notary Public Sacramento CA." Haha, yeah, right. These things always make me laugh all the way to the delete button!!)

And -- believe it or not -- sometime in the last few weeks Simple Moodlings reached more than 100,000 hits, although probably half of them are what's called referrer spam (spamming computers trolling in order to create more traffic to their own websites somehow) rather than real human beings actually reading these writings. Oh well -- I have no illusions when it comes to this blog's popularity, which is next to non-existent. I'm just having fun, writing my love letter to the world... my family and friends... my heroes... L'Arche... Voluntary Simplicity... and gardeners, writers, book lovers, musicians, and moodlers everywhere.

Again, thanks to my faithful readers, to those who leave real live encouraging comments here -- and in person -- and to my family for putting up with my moodling habit. Thank you, thank you very much. I look forward to having more time to spend here in the weeks and months ahead.

4 comments:

supersu said...

THANK YOU! i look forward to each and every moodle you make :)
happy anniversary
your biggest fan

Maria K. said...

Ahh, Su, you're a peach! (and my main commenter!)

Dallas Simmons said...

I look forward to all of your moodlings Maria! Proud to call you my cousin💜

Maria K. said...

Thanks, Dallas! Proud to know you, too!