Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tulip time!

Finally! The tulips have stopped shivering and are opening their petals to the sun. And I'm loving every minute of it. So are my girls, who took some gorgeous pictures this weekend... So I'll start with a few tulip shots from today, give a little garden report, and end with Suzanna's close-ups, which are so pretty!

Sunny friends... and a clematis showing signs of life...

I don't remember planting these two...

The sitting stone gives a view of several varieties
(this near one is a blueberry sundae)

One of these years, my river of tulips will really look like one...

Candystripers, I think...

Elsewhere in the yard...
Tomatoes are hardening off...

Leaf lettuce is coming along...
All 50 of the new strawberry plants are doing fine in their eggshell covered beds
(to keep the slugs away)
The asparagus might amount to something someday...

And after a lot of work (thanks Mom!)
the raspberries and honeyberries will soon join the Saskatoon berries!
And best of all, the pear tree is in bloom, only a week later than usual...
I love spring, and all its potential!




No comments: