Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bowling for Brazil

January has almost flown, and I can hardly believe that it's already that time of year when our L'Arche Edmonton community gathers to raise funds for our partners in solidarity. Our Annual Bowl-a-thon is this Saturday, and my three girls and I are the K-team. We'll collect pledges and bowl two games with our L'Arche friends, with all monies going to L'Arche communities in South America and the Caribbean. So if you want to sponsor wonderful work being done by, with and for our developmentally disabled brothers and sisters in Brazil, Haiti and other communities in the South, we'll happily take your money! And even if you have no money to spare, we know we're in for a good time. Being a lousy bowler with an uncontrollable hook, I must say that I LOVE bowling with friends who don't worry about who wins or loses, and who cheer enthusiastically with every pin that falls! If you're in the neighbourhood of the Bonnie Doon Bowling Lanes on Saturday, February 2nd at 1:30 p.m., come join the fun!

P.S. I love this shot of Deena in her bowling shoes. I just wish you could see the smile on her face.

1 comment:

Laeli said...

That's the fun of bowling. I love those shots the best! I hope you raise lots and lots of money.