Monday, December 17, 2012

Simple Christmas idea #17 -- Give homemade coupon gifts

Time/talents are treasures too...

Are you stuck for ideas for certain people on your gift list? How about giving a little thought to something you might be able to offer them other than material stuff? Would that someone appreciate some light housekeeping? A regular coffee date? Some babysitting? Some baking? Computer help? Something else that you can offer?

My kids caught onto this idea early in their lives. I have received many hug coupons over the years, as well as certificates entitling me to art works and odd jobs. And the thing about coupons is that they can cover a huge range of possibilities that are only limited by the imagination and willingness of the giver. One year I gave a friend the promise of a handwritten letter each month. Turns out it was a gift I enjoyed just as much as my friend did!

Who would appreciate a gift of your time, talent or special skills this Christmas?


***
Just a quick reminder of the L'Arche Christmas Pageant, tonight at 7 p.m. at St. Thomas D'Aquin Church. If you click here you'll get all the details. Hope to see you there!

No comments: