Monday, April 2, 2012

A Holy Week technology fast

This morning I decided that if I want this Holy Week to be a good one, I need to step away from moodling for a while. So there won't be anymore posts here until we've celebrated the Resurrection at Easter. If you're looking for something to inspire you during this Holy Week besides the liturgies offered in a church near you, the best I can offer is my Easter Short Story. There are also plenty of good prayer sites, like Pray As You Go, or Loyola Press' Daily Three-Minute Retreat, or Creighton University's Daily Reflection. I'd be very interested to hear of other websites for "praying/reflecting with your computer," as it seems to be one of my main ways to pray these days, and it's not something I've fully explored.

But this week, I'm going to fall back on my People's Companion to the Breviary (an actual prayer book) and avoid the pitfalls of too much time at my laptop. Less time at the computer can translate into more time for God. I'll catch you on Easter Monday, perhaps. Happy Holy Week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frohe Ostern.

Maria K. said...

Danke... Du auch!