Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another lovely song for a Sunday

I wonder if this song isn't one of the most overused church hymns in the world. For a while there, every funeral I attended ended with this song. True, its lyrics are pretty near the best, especially the last verse:
When Christ shall come
with shouts of acclamation
and take me home,
what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
in humble adoration
and there proclaim,
"My God, how great thou art!"
It's been a week of worry and sadness, as a friend lost her best friend, and there are others whose family members are quite ill. This video was sent to me by my husband's cousin, whose son is in ICU for pneumonia at the moment. It's part of my prayer for young Ben, for Carmel's friend Bridget, for Claire's friend Frank, for Richard's mom, for Honey's dad, for my godfather, who is having his birthday in a nursing home for the first time today, and for my dad, whose headache won't quit.

Even with all of them on my mind, I know that God is great, and is with us all, all the time. And Vance Perry is pretty amazing, too, singing barbershop by himself. I've got to admit he has pretty amazing range to do all four parts!


A sacred Sunday to all.

No comments: