Friday, August 26, 2011

#63... Laugh often

Just a quick moodling today, as I want to make some dill pickles, and maybe some pies with neighbour Dave's apples if I'm so motivated. Actually, it's the dill pickles that lead me to today's subject...

Two days ago, I went out and thoroughly combed the cucumber patch, and came up with two pails of cukes for today's pickling. This morning, I went out to check again... and was surprised by four humungous green vegetables, two of them snuggled close together, much too big for pickle jars.




I think cucumbers are one of God's best jokes because they make me laugh out loud every time I find a large one. We gardeners think we've done a good job of picking... but I'm sure God grins as our eyes spot Her surprises, green fruit pretending to be green leaves just a few days earlier, suddenly huge.

Of course, you don't have to be a gardener to laugh with delight at just about anything amazing that you come across in your day.

Here's a shot of today's harvest. Fava beans make me laugh, too!


P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Try here.

No comments: