Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The colour of everything


Today's blog entry should be pre-empted by red tomatoes, red tomatoes, red tomatoes and... more red tomatoes. But I'm procrastinating on canning spaghetti sauce, because moodling is more fun than chopping onions!

I just returned from a walk in our river valley. We had a heavy frost last week, and the poplar trees are turning glorious gold against the dark greens of pines and spruces. The sky is a deep autumn blue after weeks and weeks of scudding grey clouds, and I am simply rejoicing in the colour of everything!
(This is a pear tree in our back yard.)

2 comments:

catherooney said...

Ah, at last I can comment. Had to become a google friend to do it. Nothing is simple it seems. But walking in autumn colours and glorying in ripe tomatoes reminds us that it is.
Loving your blog!!!

Maria K. said...

Thanks for being my google friend and kindred spirit!